Every breath is for you two...

Every breath is for you two...

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I now have an official 1st grader... tears..

Today was a bittersweet day.... along with a very proud day!

My son had his last day of kindergarten today, and I cannot believe how fast this cycle of life really does exist...... from his chubby rolls and his butt scooting... (he did not crawl until he walked)  to all of the firsts... to this moment... Of course, I had to walk him in to his class today... I do not know what I was expecting.... a time freeze machine... anything to stop the emotional rollercoaster that he is growing up... LOL but no... nothing that exciting prevailed... except for his big smile and the twinkle of excitement in his eyes... for all he understood was this was his last day, the beginning of summer vacation... even never having it before, kids understand that it is a important day... LOL...  so I reminded the substitute where he is to go after school, just to make sure he arrives to me at the end of this day... the feeling of accomplishment rushed through me... I am doing this all by myself and it is amazing.. raising my two kids, running the household, paying the bills being the only money maker in the family and cooking and cleaning along with trying to work and run a business.... whew.... I will admit... I was flying on a cloud 9 for a few moments... LOL

The day of work was over and off to get icecream cones and head to the park... what a way to celebrate and hear the stories of the last day... :) Next year my babygirl will start pre-school and my son a first grader and on the way home... it hit me... I need to start planning the big school shopping trip... then out of my mouth before I could stop it... I asked the kids... do your snowpants still fit, do you think they will fit you next year? oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh my... why I cannot just enjoy this beautiful weather before I invite winter into my vocabulary agian~....

Kids are snug as a bug in their beds... and mommy is close to be in hers.... goodnight friends... Thank you again for reading:)

No comments:

Post a Comment